Here are some helpful & common-sense tips to reduce exposure to damage on your shipments :
- Make sure the pallet exceeds the dimensions of the goods by an inch in all directions.
- Use a structurally sound pallet – don’t cheap it!
- Be sure packaging surrounding the product is of good quality.
- Be sure a reusable crate is still tightly assembled and roadworthy.
- If it’s fragile, say so on the Bill of Lading, not just on the freight.
- Give EA Logistics advance notice about a particularly sensitive shipment.